I became a customer service snob while working at McMaster-Carr for 10 years, where customers are treated like royalty. I grew to expect that wrongs would be made right out in the "real world," just as at work. This is not usually the case.
Last Monday, I splurged on a Grande Starbucks Mocha. The barista got my order wrong and did not provide a DECAF drink. (I haven't had caffeine for almost 4 years!) I had the shakes for over 8 hours. I got a lot done around the house that day, but I was physically sick. If you ever doubted that caffeine is a drug, doubt no more. 
I returned to speak with the manager. He could not have been nicer. He invited the family for a "party" of drinks and pastries. He also sent cookies home for the kids that day. I couldn't believe it.
This morning was our party. The kids enjoyed Strawberries & Cream shakes, I had a decaf mocha, and Will had hot cocoa. This guy is smart. He introduced the kids to a drink and pastries and I left satisfied. Three cheers for good customer service... and for the Starbucks on Forsyth Rd. in Macon!
