Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching up

Before I delve into a vacation recap, I want to tell family and friends in Iowa, especially in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, that we are thinking about them. The flood pictures on the news are unbelievable. Everyone, be safe. Grampa, please be careful on your short outings for subway sandwiches! :) News link re: Cedar River -- another link
_ _ _ _
We had eight fantastic days in Daytona Beach. (The town is tacky, but the beach is fabulous!) Will probably set a new AP-Grading record, grading over 1400 exams! While he was slaving away, we enjoyed time at the beach, pools, and vacationing with Dan and Susan (Will's folks), who joined us starting on Thursday. All six of us returned to Macon late on Sunday, and Will left for two weeks in Princeton at 9:00 on Monday morning. Dan and Susan returned to Colorado yesterday, and the boys and I are currently flying solo. So far, so good.

Thanks for all your help in Daytona and Macon, Nana and Gramps! We miss you already! Will/Daddy, we hope your conference is going well. We really miss you, too!











3 comments:

The Scotts said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. I especially like the new haircuts.

Ellen said...

I love the pictures too. There's one with Alex in the hotel room that is just too sweet.